We are currently working on the agenda for 2020 – based on a successful 2019 event Performance Marketing 360 2020 will now be a 2 day event.
*Agenda is subject to change
Welcome from Campaign
Omar Oakes, global technology editor, Campaign
Chair’s opening remarks
Fireside chat: Google discuss data privacy, media measurement and smarter analytics driving performance
- Why marketers are moving away from a reliance on cookie based metrics and measurement
- The move into more ‘modeled data’ in ad platforms to help make smarter decisions to drive performance
- How the emergence of Cloud technology is enabling advanced analytics techniques to maximise insight
Marketing or sales – where should performance marketing sit to ensure that it is best integrated into the business?
- What is the most valuable function of performance marketing?
- How to best position performance marketing so that it is able to work with marketing, sales, brand and digital teams
- Should your performance marketing team be siloed or split between disciplines?
How a brand used creativity to drive growth through amplified audience interaction
- Using creatives to make the most effective use of space on a publisher’s website and stand out to your audience
- How a brand effectively designed creatives around personalised messages to maximise the effectiveness of personalisation
- The successes and failures of a brand’s attempt to innovate in performance-based marketing – what are the main learnings for your next campaign?
The future of performance marketing and its role in brand led strategies
- How effective are brand strategies led by performance marketing in driving sales over both the short and long term?
- How greater consumer insights can drive sales and revenue with performance marketing-led strategies
- How to address the challenging nature of increased data transparency to gain and retain customers
11:10 Networking coffee break
How to set up and integrate an automated campaign with your established performance marketing practices
- Utilising tools that are able to automatically assess audience interaction data and optimise your campaign
- Integrating the use of automated campaign-optimisation tools into your team’s existing functions
- How can automated campaign management supplement and improve the capabilities of your team?
Mykim Chikli, CEO, UK and head of product, EMEA, Performics
Know your audience – the Telegraph share how research informs their targeting and drives sales
- How important is it to know who visits your website?
- Can user research improve your ability to attract your target audience to return to your website?
- How can a greater knowledge of users drive more efficient conversion of sales, maximising budget?
Ignite session: Should your brand keep performance marketing in-house or outsource to agencies for maximised impact and resource management?
One of the eternal debates of performance marketing; weigh up the cost-effectiveness and ROI of outsourcing to an agency, compared with managing performance marketing activities within your team.
Hear from a panel of industry experts as they discuss where each approach delivers the greatest impact, and which you should choose for your next campaign.
- Hear from the agency-side on the insight, expertise and efficiency that they can bring to performance marketing activity
- Brands discuss their impactful campaigns with an in-house performance marketing team, and share the strategies that have led to growth and cost-savings
- Which combination of in-house and outsourcing is right for your brand?
Streisan Bevan, non-executive director, Away Resorts
Caroline Harrison, head of marketing RBWM, HSBC UK
Olivia Rego, global category lead, digital, GSK
Presentation: Innovative incentivisation: using real-time personalisation to drive sales
- Learn how new tools allow for real-time, individually incentivised offers, dependent on sales patterns
- Hear from an innovative performance tech company who uses incentives to upsell and increase yield
- How incentivised performance marketing can be integrated into your brand website to convert website traffic into sales
13:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 Hub sessions
Combining online attribution with out-of-home projections for a complete picture of sales journeys
- What effects do tighter restrictions on personal data have on attribution and tracking user journeys
- Investigate the importance of brand-based performance marketing in feeding back into the marketing funnel
- Implement performance marketing as part of a wider marketing mix
Building and upskilling your team - learn how Secret escapes created a best-in-class performance marketing team
- How much should your team have specialisms for greater agility and flexibility?
- Investigate the impact of splitting your performance marketing team between other teams in marketing, sales and digital
- Upskilling your experienced staff versus recruiting additional talent – which is right for your team?
14:35 Hub Sessions
Is there a business case for diversity of creative thought?
- To what extent is a diverse team needed to communicate with a diverse audience?
- What are the business implications of diversity for driving effectiveness and impact?
- How important is reflecting brand values in your employees with performance marketing?
Using local knowledge to expand into new markets effectively and create sustained growth
- Ensuring that you use local knowledge to effectively establish your brand in a new market
- Using expertise and research to best culturally translate your message to reach a new audience
- Taking advantage of existing affiliate and publisher relationships for cost-effective growth in a new market
15:10 Networking coffee break
15:40 Hub Sessions
How a brand has increased brand loyalty through aligning its values to performance marketing activity
- Why fostering repeat custom makes a business case for authenticity in performance marketing
- How to effectively use authenticity in performance marketing activity to make more of an impact with your audience
Targeting audiences and using channels most effectively to engage with receptive audiences
- Learn how to get the best interactions from each of the main channels
- How to target your audience and reach them most effectively on the channels they use for greater responses to marketing activity
Rob Basinger, executive director, head of product and marketing, Goldman Sachs
16:15 Hub Sessions
Performance marketing in the long term - how to integrate life-time value into your performance marketing campaigns
- Assessing life-time value to target new and existing customers effectively
- When is it more effective to prioritise existing over new customers?
- How to use customer profiles of your sector to assess life-time value for your brand
Maximising the impact of your marketing through personalisation and sequential creatives
- Utilising sequential marketing to amplify creative for a more varied interaction with customers
- Orientating creatives around personalisation to amplify their effectiveness
- How to personalise creatives effectively, for stronger ongoing engagement with performance marketing from users
Chair’s closing remarks
End of conference day 1
Welcome from Campaign
09:35 Hub Sessions
Case study: How a brand is connecting performance marketing with brand values to increase website traffic
- How a brand used long form, purpose-driven content to increase organic search traffic and maximise brand exposure
- Targeting purpose-orientated customers and utilising purpose to drive interactions
- How using purposeful content affects customer loyalty
Will the future of cookies and tracking harm user experience?
- Should performance marketing move to other methods of tracking to avoid affecting UX?
- How should your team best optimise tracking and user experience to encourage repeat sales from customers?
10:10 Hub Sessions
Which is the fairest method of performance-based pay - clicks, impressions or algorithmic attribution?
- Why finding the fairest method of attribution for publishers, affiliates and brands is best for the long-term security of performance marketing
- How feasible and predictable are algorithmic attribution models?
- Should clarity come before fairness in performance marketing contracts?
Driving SEO with new markets for greater brand awareness
- How can you effectively connect your brand to audiences with new geographic and demographic profiles through SEO?
- Recognising the importance of SEO for brand awareness, beyond directly-attributable sales
- Comparing the value of organic leads through SEO with PPC in a new market
10:45 Networking coffee break
11:15 Hub Sessions
Should affiliate marketing go programmatic to improve efficiency in buying ad space?
- Does a programmatic approach produce a level playing field for buyers and sellers?
- Would replacing human relationships and negotiation with computer bidding reduce costs for buyers and sellers?
Are influencers and podcasts effective forms of incentivisation for performance marketing?
- How effective is incentivised marketing through podcasts and influencers?
- What is the best way to approach using these channels in your performance marketing activity?
- Using podcast and influencer channels together to compliment each other and magnify impact
11:50 Networking lunch
Case study: Learn how to build a fast growing DTC business through performance and brand marketing
Learn how a brand:
- Created rapid growth through taking a holistic approach of co-joining brand and performance-based marketing
- Utilised a small, in-house team to maximise impact on a small budget and create lasting growth
- Facilitated a move from a direct-to-consumer model to the high-street
Presentation: How should performance marketing increase interactions through creativity?
- Working with creative and brand teams to align your performance marketing with your brand message for increased brand recognition
- Working with agencies to improve the effectiveness of your creative to maximise the interactions generated by performance marketing activity
- How to innovate and make your creatives stand out to best use advertising spaces
Panel: Effective internal stakeholder reporting to demonstrate the true value of your performance marketing activity
- Setting realistic campaign objectives that are feasible to measure and report
- Aligning and presenting reports to the objectives of key stakeholders to demonstrate the true value of your activity and increase budgets
- Equipping collaborative teams with an understanding of performance marketing to improve effective cooperation and integration
Lilia Dikova, head of digital, Bionic
14:00 Networking break
Case study: How a brand used personalisation to optimise leads and costs
- Maximising the effectiveness of creatives to drive interaction from your audience
- Utilising data to effectively tailor your campaigns to consumers
- Is there an optimum balance between individualised and generalised campaigns to maximise sales for your budget?
Panel debate: Is it a legal responsibility to control the use of personal data for marketing?
- Is there a business incentive for companies to take an ethical stance on data usage?
- Should browsers be limiting companies’ use of private data beyond the legal limits?
- Exploring GDPR and legislation that is in place to protect the use of personal data, and effective ways to remain compliant
Closing Keynote: Brand and Performance Marketing – the imperfect marriage to drive business growth
- How to get the balance right in an increasingly data driven automated marketing world
- Is performance marketing most effective as a separate or integrated team?
- Where should the focus of the discipline lie for your organisation?
Transfer to plenary session
360 lecture: The changing role of the media and marcomms industries in future-proofing brands
- Connecting brands with consumer values to future-proof your business
- The vision for 2020: what does the future hold for building brands?
- Uniting creativity with data to deepen engagement with brands and ensure longevity